Wednesday 18 December 2013

30th November

Saturday 30th November, Holly's first walk since the unplanned trip to the vet on Tuesday.

The leg hangs a little bit funny in the harness but there has been no re-occurence of the jitters, twitches and spasms - phew!

My plan was to take her on a short walk around the local park, somewhere around three quarters of a mile.

Holly has other plans and as soon as we leave the house it's very obvious that she is thrilled to be back out and walking again. She sets a fast pace and heads straight for the footpath that leads to the big park. I turn her round and head her off a couple of times, but each time she back-tracks and goes for the footpath.

So we go to the big park and do a complete lap, then it's back through the village to home making a total of 2.5 miles, all at the fast pace she set at the start of the walk.

An hour or so later I have to go out to ring for a wedding, Holly is unimpressed that I am not taking her with me and takes herself off to bed and won't even accept a dog-choc-drop from me as a consolation token for not being able to come with me. Oh dear, it can't be a teenage strop as she is only 11.5!

No comments: