Sunday 15 December 2013

27th November - am

I had booked Wednesday 27th November off work weeks ago to go Christmas shopping. I don't enjoy shopping and really don't enjoy crowds so I usually book a day off mid-week in either late November or very early December to do any Christmas shopping that I need to.

Holly had not moved at all overnight. She had wobbled in from the garden, laid on the bed and allowed herself to be covered by a blanket. Normally she shuffles and re-arranges herself several times a night, but in the morning she was exactly where I had left her, even the blanket was still tucked round her.

With some intrepidation I reached out to touch her thoroughly expecting to find her cold after passing away in the night. But she was warm and still breathing. She was still a little bit dopey but ready and willing to get up and go have breakfast.

The leg twitching had stopped, however the leg was not moving at all. When I supported her with the scarf for a trip round the garden it just hung there. I checked and it did still have a pulse. However Holly was not willing to move on her own, she just laid wherever you put her and waited there for you to come back and move her again.

Two big questions, was I doing the right thing? should I abandon the shopping trip?

She had eaten all her breakfast with great enthusiasm and we were only 12 hours into the 48, only one quarter of the way. I didn't have a lot of things to get so I decided to go shopping so it was all out of the way. I didn't think I would be gone for more than 3 or 4 hours and me sitting and watching her wasn't going to help either of us.

So I took my list and went and caught a bus into town.

No comments: