Tuesday 8 April 2014

Signs of another Short Circuit

Last Saturday Holly really enjoyed her walk, when I checked the trip counter on the GPS back at the car it read 5 miles, not bad going!

In hindsight it was too far, although I am not sure she would agree, for the rest of Saturday and most of Sunday she slept. She was very weary and wobbly and didn't ask for a walk, I didn't force her to take one either. She had a quiet day on the sofa and I had a busy day in the kitchen.

She also started to show signs that we are due for a major decline fairly soon. On Saturday evening  and sporadically throughout Sunday her front right leg had mini-bursts of short circuiting. It would move to walk and then repeat the action very quickly 4 or 5 times in quick succession. Fortunately I was able to prop her up each time so she didn't fall over.

I had thought it was due to her exhausting her self on the Saturday as she wasn't doing this at all yesterday morning or when I got home from work. We had a very nice stroll around the park in the daylight, although from Holly's point of view it was a bit of a wash-out as the field next to the park was empty of all livestock so she had nothing to say hello to.

Then on our way out for a final trip round the garden before bed, her front right leg did the repeating again.

For now she is still happy, I am going to try to make sure she does not get over-tired (probably easier said than done) this week and see how things go. But I think I am now looking at days and weeks rather than months.