Thursday 30 January 2014

Rain rain go away!

Up here in Yorkshire we are fortunate not to have flooded too badly so far this year.

However the back garden is starting to resemble a swamp rather than a lawn making it somewhat treacherous underfoot and the footprints on the kitchen floor are now a trail of mud.

This morning Holly slipped on one of the wet bits of the kitchen floor and did a very good Bambi impression before crash-landing on her left shoulder.

Poor old girl was a bit shaken and decided to stay where she had landed to eat breakfast (it takes a lot more than a tumble to put her off her food) and to watch me make my packup, or rather to make long hard covetous stares at the bowl containing egg mayonnaise to go in my sandwiches.

After looking thoroughly disappointed that the egg-mayo went in the sandwich and not into her bowl she perked up when her and the cats were allowed to perform a pre-wash lick of the mixing bowl before it went in the washing up. The walk across the kitchen floor to every animals favourite spot in the hallway (above the hot water pipes) was uneventful. I gave her shoulder a good going over and found that it's a little tender to the touch but otherwise feels ok. I suspect she will feel a little stiff and achy later on today. If she is then we may cancel tonights walk in favour of cuddles on the sofa and alternating ice-pack & hot-water bottle (both in fleecy covers) for her shoulder and my hip.

Yes a few months ago I too slipped on the mud and did my own Bambi impression but without the crash-landing. It feels like I have pulled something in my hip, it is still hurting now so I have actually made an appointment to get checked out by the doctor.