Saturday 16 August 2014

The End of a Hairy Era

Holly
13 March 2002 - 16 August 2014

After a couple of days of being thoroughly spoilt Holly took her final trip to the vets this morning. We sat in the garden outside the vets and I gave her the ultimate treat, she got a small bar of proper human chocolate. She has always wanted to know what it tasted like but I have never given her any before. But I figgured that on this occasion it would do no harm. She thoroughly enjoyed it and then, treat over, she walked (with assistance from her scarf-sling) into the treatment room and as I held her in my arms my lovely vet administered the injection and she quietly and quickly slipped away.

Right now my heart feels shattered and I feel mentally, physically and emotionally empty. The house feels very odd and I keep expecting to hear her shuffling around, it was very odd indeed not to hear any barking when the post got delivered.

She was a good age for a dog of her size (almost 12.5) and 2 years, 10 months and 10 days post diagnosis is definately above the average of 18 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment