Thursday 24 July 2014

Hot in July again

Poor old Holly-dog has not been a happy camper for the past week or so. She is not liking the heat, it's too hot for her to go walkies and it's too hot and sticky for sleeping comfortably in, especially when you have no option but to wear a (self-grown) fur coat.

So we have been doing a lot of lounging around in the shade in the garden.

Last night Holly woke me up at 2am because she wanted to go out. When she had done what she needed to do she decided that the best thing to do was to roll around on the grass making happy "rrrrraaaarrrrr" noises, I have to admit it was lovely and cool out in the garden and it was very tempting to join her lying on the lawn.

Instead of lying flat out on the grass I took advantage of being awake and opened more windows and doors temporarily to let the cool breeze waft through the house. It must have brought the temperature down enough because when we went back to bed I fell straight asleep and for once I was woken by my alarm clock (I am usually awake before it goes off).

I am looking at campsites again, if it continues to be warm and humid I think it will be very pleasant to sleep out overnight. Ideally we want a small quiet site not too far from home that we can have a weekend away at, preferably one with a stream or river close by and some trees that we can spend the day lounging under reading books and watching the world go by.


No comments:

Post a Comment