Friday 2 February 2018

Adventures in exercises

I've tried various forms of exercise over the years and for the most part not enjoyed it at all.

Walking I enjoy but it doesn't really get the heart rate up for long enough especially when you keep stopping to admire the view.

Running is thoroughly misery making to me, gym equipment has a similar effect as well. I can swim but it's slow and things like aerobics classes are a good laugh for everyone else as I get left and right muddled (I don't anywhere else) and get out of sync with the rest of the class.

A few years ago at work they offered a taster class of kettle bell workout. It was 6 weeks and I thought I would give it a go. I thoroughly enjoyed it and was looking forward to them putting on full time classes. They did put on full time classes, but late in an evening when I could not make it.

So I decided to buy a kettle bell and a DVD and go it alone.

Bought them both but then had to put everything on hold as I re-injured my shoulder. Then as the shoulder was getting to the point where I thought it was just about healed my knees started to creak and pop and be very painful. Eventually I made it to the Dr's and he poked, prodded and diagnosed soft cartilage in both knees. So now I had exercises for the shoulder and also for the knees and the kettle bell was still getting more use as a doorstop than anything else.

But fast forward through injury and illness (other peoples not mine) and I dusted off the DVD and the bell and ran through the tutorial to remind myself of the exercises.

It wasn't as bad as it could have been but I did ache for a few days afterwards.

No comments: