Friday 12 January 2018

Happy 2018!

A bit later than most people but Hilda and I did spend the first few days of the new year out and about camping, well Glamping. I had planned to try and go glamping in January 2017 on a last minute deal but there were none or none where I could take the dog with me so we tried again this year and booked in advance.

We went to stay in the pods at the Falcon Inn near Cloughton. We went on the 1st January (start the year as you mean to go on!) There were a few other people there who had stayed over Christmas and the New Year but by Tuesday we had the place to ourselves. The pods are about 8 foot by 12 foot and designed to sleep 4, so plenty of space for 1 woman and her dog. They are insulated and come with lighting and heating but everything else you need to take.

There was a heavy frost the first night and gale force winds the second but Hilda and I were snug, dry and warm in our pod. We did plenty of walking and on the last night had dinner in The Falcon Inn and breakfast on the last morning (to save me having to wash up). I can recommend the pods and the Inn.

View from our Pod


It's a bit hard to make out bit the slightly darker grey just over the shrubs is the sea (honest!)