Thursday 20 February 2014

Milestones 2014

To think that at the start of 2013 I was convinced Holly was not going to be with me for more than a few more weeks I think her being here in 2014 is a fairly major milestone.

She continues to be her normal self, demanding walkies and treats and more walkies. And just when I am convinced she is tired and will spend a while snoozing on the sofa, she decides its playtime and squeaks her toys at crucial points in TV dialogue. Ive taken to recording everything just so I can rewind and catch the bit of plotline that were drowned out by "squeak, squeak, squeak".

Her control of the internal plumbing is slowly reducing and her willingness to move on her own is decreasing as well. I am not sure if this is due to her finding it difficult to move independantly when not in her wheels or that she has worked out that it's easier to wait for me and the scarf-sling. When I return after being out she is never in the same place that I left her so I suspect that her ladyship is enjoying being spoiled with the assistance.

Even with the decreasing control the number of accidents she is having in the house is still fairly minimal and generally only because I have forgotten that she had a big drink of water or have not looked at a clock and realised how long it has been since she last went out. I have started to make use of the timer on the too-smart-for-its-own-good phone so that I don't have to keep an eye on the clock, the phone will 'ding' to remind me to take Holly round the garden at regular intervals.

I was checking the calendar this morning to check the date of an event happening in April and noticed that it is only 3 weeks to her 12th birthday. I think this is certainly worthy of being a milestone to be celebrated with a new toy (squeaky) and a bag of tripe sticks (for Holly & the cats, not me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment